Use the ‚Äúchew and park‚Äù method:
- Chew Nicorette Gum slowly until you can taste the nicotine or feel a tingling sensation in your mouth.
- Stop chewing and park the piece of Nicorette between your cheek and gums.
- After about a minute, when the tingling is almost gone, start chewing again.
- Repeat this process until the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes).
- If you experience strong or frequent cravings, you can chew a second piece of nicotine gum within the hour.
- Don‚Äôt eat or drink 15 minutes before or while you‚Äôre chewing Nicorette.
- Chew 1 piece every 1-2 hours for the first 6 weeks of your quit